“Words of Wisdom” – to get pain free you have to believe in yourself, if you do not believe in yourself you will never get pain free.
Leigh Ann Adusei
Degenerative Disc L4/L5 Sciatic Pain
I was at the end of my rope when I found out about Jerri and Egoscue. I had been dealing with back pain and sciatica for more than four years. I couldn’t sit/drive for more than 5 minutes without being in pain. I had given up running. I had tried yoga, stretching, chiropractic and physical therapy. I was on pain meds twice a day. I had done cortisone shots, epidurals and had worked with a Spine Pain Specialist and was starting to think about surgery because I shouldn’t feel like an 80 yr. old trapped in the body of a 40 yr. old. After my first appointment with Jerri I was able to drive home pain free. After two months of daily E-cises, I was feeling strong enough to try running again (1 mile). Now, 6 months out, I am up to 7 miles. I never dreamed I would be able to run again. I just wanted to be pain free and off meds. I refer everyone I know to Jerri!
We have muscle cramps because the joint that the muscle crosses doesn’t move, so you have to forcefully move the joint to get the muscle to release.
Try Standing Windmills
How to Perform this E-cise™:
- Position 1: Stand with feet hip-width and shoulders, hips and heels touching the wall
- Place arms out to sides with elbows locked straight and palms facing out. (maintain 90-degree angle relative to body)
- Bend your torso to one side then the other for 5 reps each direction (Be sure to keep shoulders and hips on the wall and feet flat on the floor as you bend)
- Position 2: Spread feet about 3 feet apart and do 5 reps each direction
- Position 3: Spread feet even wider and do 5 reps each direction
- Position 4: Return feet to Position 1 (hip-width) and do 5 reps each direction
When you have a sweet tooth and want to stay on track, here’s a nice treat. Sugar is NOT an added ingredient.
3 mashed bananas (ripe)
1/3 cup apple sauce
2 cups oats
1/4 cup almond milk
1/2 cup raisins (optional)
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon
Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes
Another option is to add almond slivers and dried cranberries, put the mix into a brownie pan and bake 10 minutes longer and cut them into bars. They make a great snack for on the run and kids love them as well.